Peer Review Process
Every manuscript submitted to the UJOST will be selected through Initial Review processes by the Editorial Team and for later will be reviewed at least by two reviewers in the form of “double-blind reviewer.” The reviewer's comments will be submitted to the author to revise if necessary and final manuscript. Determination to publish, postpone or reject is based on decision of Editor Team after receiving recommendation from the reviewers.
Manuscript processing time in UJOST
- The author has three days waiting period on the first article submission; the section editor will decide whether the article needs to be revised or not.
- Section editor needs three days to examine the article based on UJOST author guideline.
- The author has seven days to revise the article consistent with the UJOST author guideline.
- The revised article given to the editor to be reviewed, the editorial team needs seven days to finish the review.
- If the article declined, section editor has three days to inform the author regarding the editorial team decision.
- If the article revision required, the editorial team will proceed the article to the reviewer
- Reviewer has 30 days to review the article divided into two times review and provide the decision, accepted or declined.
- The editorial team discusses the final decision in an editorial team meeting whether the articles recommended by the reviewers proceed to be published or declined. The editorial team has ten days to make the final decision.
- The soon-to-be-published articles, lay-outed by the section editor for seven days.
- The author has three days to confirm the layout result.
- Section editor publishes the accepted articles.